A Goliath Athletics OG with 5 years of coaching experience.
He joined CF Goliath in Nov 2014 with a staggering 1-rep max back squat of 135lbs, and started coaching one year later. Since then, he has completed Chris Hinshaw’s “Aerobic Capacity” course, “Functional Fitness Gymnastics” course led by Pamela Agnon, and obtained his CF Level 1.
A few interesting facts about Wes:
- Married to Monica with three kids: Scarlett (12), Starr (9), and Keels (4)
- BA in History from the Citadel, MBA from Duke, and Masters from Air Command and Staff College
- Full-time Senior Operations Manager at Red Hat
- Has 19 years total service as a Logistics Officer in the USAF (10- active/ 9-reserves)
- Two dogs: English Bulldog (Jelly Bean) & Doberman Pinscher (Recon)
- Completed two Half-Ironman Triathlons
- Favorite benchmark workout is: Murph
- Favorite movement is: Ring muscle ups
Make sure to drop in during the evenings to catch Wes coaching class or crushing a WOD!